Note: This post is part of on ongoing series in which I'm watching a lot of movies.
I really had no idea what to expect going into this one, and frankly, watching it didn't really clear up very much for me.
- The opening of the film features extremely long establishing shots. Things like a 90 seconds long slow tilt and pan down the side of a mountain, et cetera.
- At one point, Don Pedro's mistress pleads for help from the priest in a scene with a striking resemblence to Princess Leia pleading for help from Obi Wan Kenobi.
- The expedition members frequently feel compelled to legally formalize their actions even though they are hundreds or thousands of miles from any royal or ecclesiastical judgement.
- At one point they fire their canon from the raft and it appears to have zero recoil, I guess they hadn't loaded anything into it?
- I wonder how they orchestrated the shot at the end with all the little monkeys swimming onto the raft.
Aguirre, the Wrath of God on Wikipedia.