Note: This post is part of on ongoing series in which I'm watching a lot of movies.
I haven't watched a lot of Woody Allen movies, so I didn't really know what to expect going into this film. Now, having watched it, I think the general idea of a “Woody Allen movie” is lots of one-liners and breaking of the fourth wall. Does that sound about right?
Anyway, on to my notes:
- The whole sequence of waiting in line at the movie was pretty funny, although for a moment I felt like I was watching a Mel Brooks movie.
- “Politicians are a notch under child molestors.” I'm just going to assume that the irony of this line is not lost on you and move along.
- Christopher Walken sighting! (Annie's younger brother.)
- I loved the subtle detail of the lobster picture they took early in the movie being framed on the wall later on.
- Some of my favorite one-liners:
- “We'll be in here quietly humping.”
- “My grammy never gave gifts. She was too busy getting raped by Cossacks.”
- “There's God coming out of the men's room!”
Annie Hall on Wikipedia.